In case it's due to a change in the solr 5 branch, my local environment is running 5.2.1 and it works out of the box. Not sure what Arck production is running offhand, but I see the latest 5.x branch is 5.5.3 so perhaps something broke in the later releases of 5?
right ok, i was using the latest version of 5 so i'll go back to 5.2.1.
woo! 5.2.1 works, so i will test with that version for now.
I try steps did you say, but not indexed
In your settings page is the core a select input or a text input? If it's a select input then it's connecting to solr correctly, if it's a text input then your settings are incorrect.
Which version of the Apache Solr server did you install?
The easiest to configure with the elgg plugin is the v4 (solr-4.10.4), because by default the server will start the example (v5 and v6 requires more configuration).
you only have to:
- install the solr server
- copy the elgg plugin "schema.xml" in the "example\solr\collection1\conf" directory
- start the solr server (example will start by deault)
- install & activate the elgg plugin
- fill in the "adapter options" settings and save
- check that you see the "collection1" in the "core" field of the plugin settings
Index should work.