- Adds meta name titles, description, keywords and other SEO tags to your site. It takes excerpts or parts of the description of the content combined with some information of the Author.
- Helpfull with sharing content to other social networks, since it generates Open Graph definitions dynamically, which are used by FB, LinkedIN and Google+
- There are three plugin settings. A title and description for the main page, which also be used if no dynamic metatags can be determined, becaue the user did not provide enough information. The plugin makes suggestions for that, but don't rely on that solely.
- There is also a setting for static profile picture URL's. Default ELGG creates dynamic photo URL's. My experience is that with default ELGG, Google messes up the profiles with the avatars belonging to it . So it is recommended to use. Especially if you use external caching like Cloudflare, it will offload your site. If you don't it has a smal impact on performance.
The plugin has been tested with Google, Yandex, Baidu and Bing. They will take over the meta tags generated by this plugin.
Remark: Google makes exceptions on meta description and ignores keywords in general but other engines always take over what the plugin tells them. Google exceptions are determined based on what the google user actually typed in their search bar.
- Drop the plugin in /mod
- Enable it in plugins
- Go to settings and filll in the details.
Did we do it right ?
You can see if you (and me) did a good job by checking pages with tools like http://www.metachecker.net
View Gerard's plugins
Security issues should be reported to email@example.com!