Installing cometchat-detailed post.

installed cometchat (that is zipped it to /home/mrcoffee/public_html/cometchat

this is the intrstions i was following.

http://www.cometchat.com/documentation/installing-cometchat/ready-integrations/elgg

load the code..

http://www.tagzme.com/cometchat/install.php

goodie! on to step 2.

If the installation was completed successfully, then two lines of HTML code will be displayed on your screen. Please copy these two lines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

this shows,

Warning: include_once(/home/mrcoffee/public_html//application/libraries/OFC/JSON.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mrcoffee/public_html/cometchat/integration.php on line 19

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/mrcoffee/public_html//application/libraries/OFC/JSON.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mrcoffee/public_html/cometchat/integration.php on line 19

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (not the ~ )

Step 2

Now edit your template header.

Insert the copied code into your Elgg header.php file immediately after the <head> tag.

This file is generally present at /views/default/page_elements/header.php

thats not there. instead i have /home/mrcoffee/public_html/mod/socialize/views/default/page/elements/header.php

there is no <head> tag at all. the code reads...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (not ~)

<?php
/**
 * Elgg page header
 * In the default theme, the header lives between the topbar and main content area.
 */

// link back to main site.
echo elgg_view('page/elements/header_logo', $vars);

// drop-down login
echo elgg_view('core/account/login_dropdown');

// insert site-wide navigation
if (elgg_is_logged_in()) {
    echo elgg_view_menu('site');
}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(end code)

if i paste the codes, site crashes. yea i knew it wold bt hab to try..

Now delete install.php file from the cometchat folder.

confession. i only changed nae of file to gibberish so it wont load. that way if site goes bang, can fix.

Soo.. how do i get this to work?

/home/mrcoffee/public_html/cometchat/integration.php reads..

include_once dirname(dirname(__FILE__)) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . '/application/libraries/OFC/JSON.php';