database etc help

I'm quite knew to elgg and wondered if I could get some advice.

I wis to add some functionality to my elgg site and wondered if you could help or point me in the right direction to learn myself how to perform certain task.

I wish to create a site that allows certain members with privileges access to members of the groups account and able to view certain information stored in the user database
I would need to store more information on the user database than the name username and password. Things like address etc. I am able to do these from a static website but would like to integrate elgg as much as possible.
For example the user with access rights can view the users record with the profile picture.

To summarise my primary issue; how do I change the login page form to add more information to the database and how do I edit this from elgg
How do I give certain members different access privileges to see database entry information.

• I'm quite knew to elgg and wondered if I could get some advice.

I wis to add some functionality to my elgg site and wondered if you could help or point me in the right direction to learn myself how to perform certain task.

I wish to create a site that allows certain members with privileges access to members of the groups account and able to view certain information stored in the user database
    I would need to store more information on the user database than the name username and password. Things like address etc. I am able to do these from a static website but would like to integrate elgg as much as possible.
    For example the user with access rights can view the users record with the profile picture.

To summarise my primary issue; how do I change the login page form to add more information to the database and how do I edit this from elgg
    How do I give certain members different access privileges to see database entry information.

[Moderator: this comment was off-topic. It was moved to a more appropriate topic.]

• You can do this by using the Profile Manager plugin:

http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/project/385114/developer/jdalsem/profile-manager

[Moderator: this comment was off-topic. It was moved to a more appropriate topic.]

• Please only post your question once and to the proper forum. Unless you're looking to hire someone to fix this, this is the correct group, not Professional Serviecs. I've moved the duplicate thread from the Professional Services group to this thread.