Elgg 1.7.15 Default register form won't work even on fresh install

Elgg 1.7.15 is not a functioning social network platform at the moment. You can register an admin member without an issue. You can register a user via the admin panel without an issue, but a user can't register theirselves, because the registration form is broken. I have recieved these errors when trying to use the form. Don't let the "success, you've been registered" echo fool you. Yes, the user gets saved into the database, that is a success, but the user never gets an email, so they can't access the site. The reason they never get an email is because of elgg security being too secure.

PHP WARNING: 2012-04-23 20:01:03 (PDT): "session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/maindirectory/public_html/folder/index.php:2)" in file /home/maindirectory/public_html/folder/engine/lib/sessions.php (line 501)

PHP WARNING: 2012-04-23 20:01:03 (PDT): "session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/maindirectory/public_html/folder/index.php:2)" in file /home/maindirectory/public_html/folder/engine/lib/sessions.php (line 501)

PHP WARNING:  "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/maindirectory/public_html/folder/index.php:2)" in file /home/maindirectory/public_html/folder/views/default/page_elements/header.php (line 47)

i've tried other reg forms and they don't work either. I am hoping Cash or someone can fix this.