Limit of connections for database

Randomly the widgets of the profiles of the site www.metaleros.es when you are logged in say "Elgg couldn't connect to the database using the given credentials" My hosting say me that the max. number of database connections are 10. I believe 100% that the problem is here. How can limit the connections of my elgg to 10 by user. Im crazy or the solution is possible. Please answer with change to dedicated server no answer thanks. I need free hosting and i am searching a solution with this "Elgg couldn't connect to the database using the given credentials.". No problem if the site charge more slow if work the profiles and sections correctly. Thanks a lot.

• You've answered your own question there... with free hosting you're giong to have very tight limitations on everything.  Elgg isn't a lightweight app, there's a lot of power and flexibility in it and the cost of that is server resources.  Pay up for a real hosting account or build your own server - it doesn't even have to be a dedicated server - shared hosting will do for smaller userbases.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking