Installation - Windows iis7

Hi,

I am wanting to install Elgg on windows server 2008 r2 and I am getting the following error message:

• We think your server is running the IIS web server.

The rewrite rules test failed. You need to configure your web server with Elgg's rewrite rules and try again.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have included rewrite rules but obviously something is incorrect.

If anyone is running this on iis7 could you post your rewrite rules so I can compare them with the rules I currently have

Thanks in advance

• Hi,

There is a post about this somewhere here. You have to edit your rules and replace /_ or \_ with just the underscore, because IIS does not need the escape character (the slash) and it confuses it.

Good luck

• RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^tag\/(.+)\/?$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=search&page=$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^action\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-\/]+)$ engine/handlers/action_handler.php?action=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^cache\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/cache_handler.php?request=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^services\/api\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/service_handler.php?handler=$1&request=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/?$ engine/handlers/export_handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([A-Za-z0-9\_]+)\/$ engine/handlers/export_handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2&type=$3&idname=$4 [L]
    RewriteRule xml-rpc.php engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php [L]
    RewriteRule mt/mt-xmlrpc.cgi engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^rewrite.php$ install.php [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]

• Sorry that was wrong forgot to edit it.

RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9\_\-]+)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^pg\/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1&page=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^tag\/(.+)\/?$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=search&page=$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^action\/([A-Za-z0-9_\-\/]+)$ engine/handlers/action_handler.php?action=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^cache\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/cache_handler.php?request=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^services\/api\/([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/service_handler.php?handler=$1&request=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/?$ engine/handlers/export_handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^export\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([0-9]+)\/([A-Za-z]+)\/([A-Za-z0-9_]+)\/$ engine/handlers/export_handler.php?view=$1&guid=$2&type=$3&idname=$4 [L]
    RewriteRule xml-rpc.php engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php [L]
    RewriteRule mt/mt-xmlrpc.cgi engine/handlers/xml-rpc_handler.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^rewrite.php$ install.php [L]
    RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9_\-]+)\/(.*)$ engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]