Help with Custom Index CORE Plugin, how to use ?

I am trying to figure out how to use the Custom Index Core module for v1.8.

I basically want to show a teaser like the custom index shows in a the basic theme. However I can't figure out how to use it on another theme. I want to show the login elements on theleft and an image/teaser on the right. Ideally I want all user to be able to see this but only Authorised users to be able to see everythign else.

Any guidance appreciated... btw my coding skills are limited so any rxamples woukd be appeciated. Concious what I am looking for is two fold... thx

• Hi Andy,

With limited coding skills I'm not sure you'll be able to accomplish exactly what you're after.  There is no user interface for custom index, and it doesn't necessarily work with every theme.  I believe the intent of it is to show developers how they can go about creating a custom page, but there's definitely going to be a fair bit of coding involved for any customization.

• If your theme have overidden the custom_index plugin with its own customised index page... find 'mod/**the-theme**/views/default/page/layouts/custom_index.php' and replace with this file: 'mod/custom_index/views/default/page/layouts/custom_index.php' (ie. copy/paste). Also... replace 'mod/**the-theme**/views/default/custom_index/css.php' with  'mod/custom_index/views/default/custom_index/css.php'.  You should now have the basic custom_index back.

For the other question... open your new 'custom_index.php' file... under where it says '// Top box for login or welcome message', there is a clear example of how to provide different content for logged in/out users.

• Thanks, I will give that a try

• Trying to figure out how to embed an image into a page. Would I edit the custom_Index.php file or another and what "commands" would allow me to embed images. I have tried lookign in the docuemntation but can't find anything..