Adding Bumpin Bar

where do i place this code? its the code to run bumpin bar. i am running 

Purity Theme 1.1

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bumpin.com/clients/bsb_V1.0/bsb_8266.js

"></script><div id="footpanel" style="position: fixed; bottom: 0; left: 0;" ><div id="bsb-main-container"><div id="bsb-main-container-bg-shadow"></div><div id="bsb-left-rounded-corner"><div id="bsb-left-rc-bg-div" class="bsb-left-rc bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern"></div></div><div id="bsb-right-rounded-corner"><div id="bsb-right-rc-bg-div" class="bsb-right-rc bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern"></div></div><div id="mainpanel" ><div id="bsb-mainpanel-bg-div" class="bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern"></div><div id="bsb-mainpanel-container-div" ><table id="bsb-apps-container-table" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" dir="ltr"><tbody><tr valign="top" style="height:33px"><td style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" id="buddyIndicator"></td></tr></tbody></table></div><div id="bsb-ticketbar-bottom-container-div" style="top:7px; z-index:99999999; position: absolute; width: 70px; right: 0px; height: 100%;"><div id="tickbar-bottom-td" style="height: 100%; left: -3px; text-align: center; width: 63px; color: black; position: absolute; top: 2px; font-size: 9px; line-height: 10px;" class="ticket_bar_td">powered by<br><a style="color: black; display: inline; font-size: 11px;" target="_blank" href="http://www.ticketmy.com/bumpin/socialbar

">Socialbar</a></div></div></div></div></div>

• I added a meebo bar a while ago and I had to extend the header and footer views to get it working. Could you please provide the installation instructions given by the bumpon guys, so that we can help you out.

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• I just did a quick view over that app, and I installed on my site. You need to place that code on the footer. I am using 1.7 but it should be the same for 1.8 

You have to override that view.

Rodolfo Hernandez

• Try a plugin called Myfooter

• thanks for the help guys! 

in /home/mrcoffee/public_html/mod/purity_theme/views/default/page/elements/footer.php

<?php

/**

* Elgg footer

* The standard HTML footer that displays across the site

* @package Elgg

* @subpackage Core

*/

echo elgg_view_menu('footer', array('sort_by' => 'priority', 'class' => 'elgg-menu-hz'));

?>

hmm now what?

• Easy:

First: Get the code and remove any double quotes from the bumpin code:

"

And replace with a single quote:

'

Then, before this line:

echo elgg_view_menu('footer', array('sort_by' => 'priority', 'class' => 'elgg-menu-hz'));

Add this:

echo "Put here the code of bumpin with single quotes";

Save your changes and reload the page.

Rodolfo Hernandez

• Probably best to do a hard refresh (ctrl+F5) to get it to play with cache.

• hmm.. it did.. something. on the site there is a blue.. box. like its trying to work, but somethng was not coded right. (thats me)

so what did i do wrong?

now the code reads 

thanks for the help guys! 

in /home/mrcoffee/public_html/mod/purity_theme/views/default/page/elements/footer.php

<?php

/**

* Elgg footer

* @package Elgg

* @subpackage Core

*/

echo '></script><div id="footpanel" style="position: fixed; bottom: 0; left: 0;" ><div id="bsb-main-container"><div id="bsb-main-container-bg-shadow"></div><div id="bsb-left-rounded-corner"><div id="bsb-left-rc-bg-div" class="bsb-left-rc bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern"></div></div><div id="bsb-right-rounded-corner"><div id="bsb-right-rc-bg-div" class="bsb-right-rc bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern"></div></div><div id="mainpanel" ><div id="bsb-mainpanel-bg-div" class="bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern"></div><div id="bsb-mainpanel-container-div" ><table id="bsb-apps-container-table" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" dir="ltr"><tbody><tr valign="top" style="height:33px"><td style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" id="buddyIndicator"></td></tr></tbody></table></div><div id="bsb-ticketbar-bottom-container-div" style="top:7px; z-index:99999999; position: absolute; width: 70px; right: 0px; height: 100%;"><div id="tickbar-bottom-td" style="height: 100%; left: -3px; text-align: center; width: 63px; color: black; position: absolute; top: 2px; font-size: 9px; line-height: 10px;" class="ticket_bar_td">powered by<br><a style="color: black; display: inline; font-size: 11px;" target="_blank" href="http://www.ticketmy.com/bumpin/socialbar

'>Socialbar</a></div></div></div></div></div>";

?>

• You need to change the double quotes with single quotes in the bumpin code.

Rodolfo Hernandez
    Arvixe/Elgg Commnunity Liaison

• code now reads..

<?php

/**

* Elgg footer

* @package Elgg

* @subpackage Core

*/

echo '></script><div id='footpanel' style='position: fixed; bottom: 0; left: 0;' ><div id='bsb-main-container'><div id='bsb-main-container-bg-shadow'></div><div id='bsb-left-rounded-corner'><div id='bsb-left-rc-bg-div' class='bsb-left-rc bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern'></div></div><div id='bsb-right-rounded-corner'><div id='bsb-right-rc-bg-div' class='bsb-right-rc bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern'></div></div><div id='mainpanel' ><div id='bsb-mainpanel-bg-div' class='bsb-bg-color bsb-bg-pattern'></div><div id='bsb-mainpanel-container-div' ><table id='bsb-apps-container-table' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' dir='ltr'><tbody><tr valign='top' style='height:33px'><td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px;' id='buddyIndicator'></td></tr></tbody></table></div><div id='bsb-ticketbar-bottom-container-div' style='top:7px; z-index:99999999; position: absolute; width: 70px; right: 0px; height: 100%;'><div id='tickbar-bottom-td' style='height: 100%; left: -3px; text-align: center; width: 63px; color: black; position: absolute; top: 2px; font-size: 9px; line-height: 10px;' class='ticket_bar_td'>powered by<br><a style='color: black; display: inline; font-size: 11px;' target='_blank' href='http://www.ticketmy.com/bumpin/socialbar

'>Socialbar</a></div></div></div></div></div>';

?>

• echo '></script>

You're echoing a closing script tag "</script>". Any reason why?

1) start with the following:

echo '<div id='footpanel' 

2) Tell us where the rest of the code before that </script> tag is. If it's in thefile somewhere, you'll need to close that script or things will get messy.