Own servers

Hi friends!

I am going to buy my own servers. I am not sure what specifications I need. I want to use elgg on my server with following needs:

1- Image processing

2- Video processing

3- Video streaming

4- Audio processing

5- Audio streaming

and other things which can be supported by elgg

Please help me out to find the best server machine. In which I can easily extend storage and ram and other things.

PLEASE HELP............

• The technical requirements for Elgg are here: http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Installation/Requirements

The #1 thing that will determine how powerful a server you need is how many users will be on your site TOMORROW. If you expect only a few users,  you can start with the cheapest option and upgrade as your site becomes more popular. Since you're buying your own server, I assume this means some sort of dedicated box. Almost anything dedicated will be good enough to run Elgg for a new site. Stay away from shared hosting, though.

You should also know that Elgg doesn't support video or audio processing / streaming out of the box. You will need to implement a solution. Since you can install Elgg on your local machine, there's no need to fork over money for a server until you're ready to go live.

• The average VPS w/ 1GB RAM (usually ~$50-100/mnth) will mostly handle up to about 50 users logged into and hitting the Server continually for (Elgg) update actions. After that as you creep towards and beyond 60+ better get your dedicated box and start monitoring & studying MySQL tuning and Apache processes...

• No. I am doing something big. My website will be having 10,000+ user (hopefully 1,00,000+ users).

I really need a powerfull system and for that I have fixed a meeting with intel. They will guide me.

After researching for now I need following:

Processor Intel XEON 2.44 GHZ (EXTENDABLE)
    RAM 8GB (EXTENDABLE)
    2 Powersupply
    3x146GB HDD (EXTENDABLE)

I am thinking to have gride so we only need to attach the pc and it will pic all resources automatically.

I am not worried about price because our govt and some other resources promissed to support us. Well once are sucessfull we will pay elgg for using there software.

(:

• Processor Intel XEON 2.44 GHZ (EXTENDABLE)
    RAM 8GB (EXTENDABLE)
    2 Powersupply
    3x146GB HDD (EXTENDABLE) (total 6)

these specs are in original IBM system.

• I'm using a dedicated server (not VPS) of esecurydata.com. It has unlimited band and a goog price. The server is a Quadcore, 4 GB Ram and HD 500 GB ... You can begin from this: http://www.esecuredata.com/pricing/value-dedicated-servers/

• My site is already in running condition. But education department of our country want us to have our own server

• 10,000 users, is that something big ? We run our Elgg site with 215,000 users... started in 2008 with 1 user ;-)

• 1,00,000+ users will be on our site...