login page to profile page

iam new to elgg can any one help me regarding

how to redirect after login to goto profile page

it would be great help thanks 

• You will need an index page plugin.

Look at the custom_index plugin supplied with Elgg to see how to do it.

• Of course you could also just use Google to find lots of previous discussions on this topic and even some prewritten plugins that may do what you need.

Eg.

http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/jdalsem/read/384766?release=719128

• Hi Kevin thanks for reply

i am using elgg 1.8 does this support it i saw it is for 1.7 and i will check in the custom_index plugin and let u know regarding this

thanks once again 

• hi kevin

i have tried to do modification in custom_index but i dont know i made mistake or it did not work out so can you help me regarding login page to profile page thanks 

• @TestElgg:

" ...using elgg 1.8 - does this support it I saw it is for 1.7 " ? Are you not curious enough to at least spend a 1-2 minutes to try that plugin in 1.8 ?? It might just work ok ;-) And if it turns out that it will work ? What a time-saver eh !?? Rather than fooling around spending/wasting time trying to patch in new modification code in custom_index... ;-oO;X

• hi dhrupdescoop

thanks for the reply                                                                        

i have used the plugin which is mentioned in the post but it works on only admin and not for user page so only i posted for help again as i am new to elgg i dont want to make more complicated as much possible i am trying once if i can fix it ok if not i may need help as u mention i tried that it started givining me double login and its going to activity page only i may try to fix that also thanks for post 

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.