How to change frontpage

Hi there,

I've got a question, how do I change the layout of the front page?

What if i want to have a column with some links somewhere? or add some other stuff.

Another thing, if i am in the admin panel and go to configure -> Appearance -> default widges

If i click on profiles on the left screen, i get an error ..

Invalid Admin Section.

Invalid Admin Section.

??

thanks in advance for your help.

rgds,

W/

• Oh and another question, where do i change the standard email text ? or any text for that matter?

and why are the standard profile fields not editable ? if i add a new profile field, all the current profile fields are gone ...

NOt sure (bcs i dont have as much), but perhaps if a site has thousands of users .. the user administration section could use a few tools. Like listing and filtering on username, or country or etc etc

And how can I have more menu items on top? Now the maximum = 6?

How do I delete all Log Entries? or filter them for a quick look on things that went on. If i have several users on the site, that log file will quickly add pages .. what if i am looking for something specific? Would be nice to filter on a specific user, to watch what he/she has been doing. If i go to a user and select ADMIN OPTIONS and then LOG Browser i get an error

Invalid Admin Section.

Invalid Admin Section.

Same problem as default widges

How and where can i create access levels? I want to control what my users can and cannot do. Perhaps i want to allow some users to write a blog, and others are not allowed. Where are these settings?

Spam control ? no where to be seen

User control .. i want to be able to CHOOSE a password for my user, not have it mailed only and randomly chosen by the system

Moderating .. where can i provide a list of words that will automatically report bad content?

Why is it not possible to put a blog posting in a category? and on the admin side the ability to create this category list?

How can i notify all my members at once? mass emailing?

Where can i blacklist certain IP addresses?

If someone befriends me, i do not see any notification on  Elgg, only by email, but nothing on the frontpage. I have to go my friends page, and there i will see a notification.

I think all of the above should be in the core pack of Elgg .. but thats my humble opinion.

• As I can see it with a quick scan is that about all your issues have a good answer. You might want to start by splitting each question and digging for plugins and earlier asked questions.

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.