Admin Reg not working

This is very strange. I finally get Elgg working, set myself up as Admin1 and when I try to log in, it tells me I haven't received the registration email. One was not sent or else the server isn't sending it. I cannot find a default username or password anywhere. Other info has determined that the admin account doesn't need a reg email sent, so I do not know. The only other way to change the email prog is to use a mod, which is only accessible from the admin account.

Also, what cron job needs to run to do housekeeping tasks(I'm assuming sending email is part of it), I cannot make head or tail or the cronjob text; I am using c-panel and it wants to know frequency and what file needs to run and where it is.

I'm using 1.7.10

Thanks in advance!

• For the site admin account created during installation of Elgg there's no email sent. Have you entered the same for "Username" and "Display name" when creating this account? To log in you need to enter what you have given in the "Username" field.

When setting up cron jobs via CPanel you will have to give the commands in the form (1 minute cronjob example):

/usr/bin/wget --output-document=/dev/null http://www.yourdomain.xxx/pg/cron/minute/ >/dev/null 2>&1

For the other cronjobs the only difference is the last part of the URL (fiveminute, fifteenminute etc.). Refer to the cronjob example file in the elgg root directory for the names. These cronjobs will just call these URLs at the giver intervalls and plugins can hook cronjobs that will executed at these intervalls then.

For the times the cronjobs should get executed you can select it in CPanel via "Common settings" dropdown field, i.e. every minute, every five minute etc.

By default Elgg only two jobs will get executed on a regular basis: logrotate and garbagecollect. Default intervall in 1 month but you can change the intervall in Elgg's admin section. For emails there's no cronjob used by default Elgg (but some plugins might extend the email functionality regarding cronjobs).

• As I recall, I did use the same name for display as I did for username, but I will reinstall to make sure. As for the cron jobs, I am still green when it comes to Linux things. Please explain where the file is that need to be run at those particular intervals.

Thanks

• Got 1.8b working with all those things in house.