Mass Adding

Hi, All :)

I'm really sorry if this question already has been discussed, please send me the link then and close that topic! :)

We're building a local social network for some group of an old peoples who have already sent some of their thoughts which can be listed as a pages inside this network. I thought to collect all this data in one or several txt files and then make special script that will be able to make accounts for all these peoples and add their data from the start.

Start monitoring database via PhpMyAdmin, thought to understand which fields and tables I need and then write this script, but there're too much changes appears after one single operation. It looks like that when I'm adding just one single page it affects on about 7 different tables and it adds around 10 new fields.

So here's my question, is there any way which I can use to add a lot of peoples and fields at once?

If there're no way, of course I'll solve it myself, but it looks like that it will take really a lot of time to understand Elgg database, so maybe somebody did it already or maybe you can suggest me something?

thanks in advance for any help or ideas!!

with the best wishes,

Tony.

• Dont add the users and details Manually to DB. You can use the Elgg Api's to do that in the Elgg way. See the actions/register.php to know how to add users. There is a plugin availalble here to import users from CSV file. search for it.

• Hi, Team Webgalli :)

already digging actions/register.php, but for now only getting only errors, doing something wrong with calling to the main elgg functions :(

thank you for the point about plugin for export users from csv file, probably it will help me to solve first part of my problem with adding users, but I have to fille the profiles and add a lot of pages to each user.

Have about 500 users which I have to add, fill their profiles with photos and then add around 10-20 pages for each of them, impossible amount of work to do it manually, thats why I'm trying to figure a way to aumate it.

thank you very much!

Tony.

• The CSV plugin will allow you to create the users only. You need to modify it to generate the pages, the profile picture and other details. Though importing 500users is not a difficult task, but when combine with other requiremetns there is heavy amount of work needed. Anyway the CSV plugin and the register.php will be the best starting point for you.

• Hi, Team Webgalli :)

original scripts wasn't work, but after some changes it started to work and Ive just added several users from a test csv file and it seems that now I see where and what to dig for more information!

really thank you very much for the point!!!

with the best wishes,

Tony.