Migration to a web server

What is the easiest way to migrate my elgg site from local host to a web hosting platform like gofreeserve.com?

• I would like assistance with this since I am new at this.

• I did everything in the tutorial and it still doesnt work

• if you can change the location without data
    you can try something like this:
    make a fresh install on the new location
    copy your modified files to the new location
    start upgrade with http:\\yournewlocation.com\upgrade.php

if this does not work
    you must do it like @team webgalli suggest (it works :-)

• I am a little confused.  Is there a way that I can upload the elgg script to my directory of:

root/ireviewnow.co.cc?

do i need to add a www dorectory or a htdocs directory?  If so in which order?

• It depends very much on the options available on your server how you can upload the necessary files for Elgg to your server. Most likely the is some kind of administration interface available to configure your webspace via browser, for example CPanel or somthing similar. You should be able to upload files via this interface, too. Best way would be to zip the files locally, upload the archive and then unzip it again on the server, if this option is available. In case you have a ftp or ssh access to your server you could also upload the files with other tools, but you would need a ftp client installed on your local computer.

Where to install the files on your webspace depends on the configuration on your server. You might have already a folder named "public_html" in your webspace. This is then the "root folder" of your domain. The Elgg files would go into this folder. On the same directory level as the public_html folder, i.e. one level up of your Elgg root folder, you would need to create the data directory needed for Elgg.

• one more question...gofreeserve.com requires scripts to be installed in a htdocs folder.  so where do I install the folders then?