elgg 1.8 plugins

• Sorry my mistake :(

• Hmm...  When i tried installing your 1.8 adaptation of Polls, i get the following deprecation error messages:

Deprecated in 1.8: page_owner_entity() was deprecated by elgg_get_page_owner_entity(). Called from [#8] C:\Users\Marketing\TUS\UniServer\www\elgg\mod\polls\start.php:65
    Deprecated in 1.8: get_context() was deprecated by elgg_get_context(). Called from [#8] C:\Users\Marketing\TUS\UniServer\www\elgg\mod\polls\start.php:68
    Deprecated in 1.8: page_owner_entity() was deprecated by elgg_get_page_owner_entity(). Called from [#8] C:\Users\Marketing\TUS\UniServer\www\elgg\mod\polls\start.php:91

[Edit]
    So.. my slow face realized that all i had to do was go exactly where the error message told me and edit the start.php file, replacing the deprecated code with the new.

seems to be working fine now.

[Edit 2]
    Deprecated in 1.8: get_plugin_setting() is deprecated by elgg_get_plugin_setting() Called from [#10] C:\Users\Marketing\TUS\UniServer\www\elgg\mod\polls\models\model.php:71Deprecated in 1.8: get_context() was deprecated by elgg_get_context(). Called from [#9] C:\Users\Marketing\TUS\UniServer\www\elgg\mod\polls\start.php:94

gotta fix these too? When i do the elgg instance dissapears entirely and i have to remove the polls folder to get it working again.

• @jnem All the 1.8 plugins were released long time back.When I released them elgg was still in its beta.With time lot of changes were made into elgg and as such many functions which were not showing deprecation warnings before were deprecated later.

You can get the latest version of the poll plugin from here https://github.com/kevinjardine/polls

You can get the latest version of the event calendar from here https://github.com/kevinjardine/Elgg-Event-Calendar

• By the way I have updated foursquare_api,facebook_api and foursquare widget seems to work perfectly fine.

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.