Migrator Community Builder to Elgg

Hello.  I've been using Joomla and Community Builder (CB) for a few years now.  I've had some frustrations with re-configuring CB everytime I switch servers or upgrade from Joomla 1.5 to 1.6.

I found out about Elgg today.  Is there a way to migrate the contents of CB to Elgg?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

• depends on what data you want to migrate.. i think i once did a user details migrate abt 2 years ago for someone. tho if you want to migrate other data such as blogs, posts, etc - that will need a fair bit code to be written to handle..

• As Dhrup says, the answer is yes. But it would be a custom coding job. There is no free plugin that can do that sort of thing. You would need to create a specification document that mapped the data tables into one another and then write the code to implement it.

I've migrated Ning communities to Elgg using a similar approach, including all the files, photos etc.

So it's possible but a fairly big job.

• We also were using CB for our clients. But it was a problem to upgrade these sites. Now we have completely migrated these sites to elgg 4 years back. We exported al the contents as CSV and imported them through elgg administration panel. As Kevin Said, its a bit complicated coding. But Elgg's simpler API functions can help you a lot. You can have a look at the elgg documentation to know where to start.