Manually adding friends w/out sending e-mails.

In the attempt to make learning history more conducive to today's generation, I am attempting to create an in-house elgg server populated with people from our textbooks.  For example if Frederick Winslow Taylor (father of scientific mgt) was into social networking, what might his facebook site look like?  Who were his friends, associations, etc.

While creating the users was easy enough, how can I associate the users as "friends" without sending out e-mail requests for these (already dead) users?

Thanks,

Tony

• Sounds little funnny. If you are using the elgg's add friend function, it will send the email to the friended users. But this is not a friend request message, Just a notification that Mr. X added you as a friend.. So whats the problem if the message is sent? Also all these users (the dead ones) are fake. So use a fake email for them.

• I SENSE, SOME THING TRICKY IS HAPPENING HERE...

• I thought that an e-mail messge had to go out and then have the recipient accept the invite.  I learned that to add a friend, all I had to do was go to New Members, select them, and add them as a friend.  I had to step away form the computer for a while to clear my head...

Tony