"Pre-sales" questions about Elgg's capabilities..

Am loving what I'm seeing of Elgg so far.

Questions:

1. Has Elgg been run on something very high performance? I'm thinking of using it for an environment that may have a huge user base -- to the tune of 1.5 million users in a year or so. 

2. I love the social networking aspects of Elgg. But I am thinking of a website that can mingle the functionality of a socnet with some information too. How easy is it to use Elgg as a "content management system"? Sorry for that dated phrase but I can think of no better way to describe "one way" information publication. 

3. How robust is search in Elgg? I'm looking for a search plugin that does full-text search and shows results categorized by components (or predefined sections).

4. Within the same organization I may run Elgg for different departments. Each Elgg "department" will be completely secluded from the other. How easy is it to run this kind of "multiple" Elgg socnets from just one installation of Elgg?

Many thanks!!

• If you plan to have 1 million+ users, you might want to talk to the folks at Twitter who have 1.5 million users and are investigating a new architecture as even Ruby can't cope with that scale of enterprise. PHP, Ruby etc aren't "enterprise level" technologies, so I suspect you'd either have to shell out a fortune for consultants to come in and do everything for you, or take the approach a lot of other sites are doing: SSO. Elgg is fantastic at social, WordpressMU is a superb multi domain/user blogging engine, Fedora is a top notch CMS. Just link them all together with SSO, e.g. Shibboleth and spread that load...