Access Levels in The Wire

Hello,

Is it possible to add access levels to the posts of the wire?
e.g. I publish a string I only want my friends to see ...

Thanks

• it should work in the wire and the dashboard (modified one) they have been tested there. For other pages, feel free to test :) and let us know.

• so, yes, dropDown1 is for the wire. you can find out what dropdown to target by checking the sourcecode in your browser, and targeting the dropdown you desire. It will work.

• I'm trying to achieve the same thing in 1.8.  I've managed to get the access chooser (access plus)

and it's set as the default site access but non-friends' wire posts can still be viewd in the river.

This is my code from mod/thewire/views/default/forms/thewire/add.php:

<?php

elgg_load_js('elgg.thewire');

$post = elgg_extract('post', $vars);

$access_id = elgg_extract('access_id', $vars, ACCESS_FRIENDS);

$text = elgg_echo('post');

if ($post) {

$text = elgg_echo('thewire:reply');

}

if ($post) {

echo elgg_view('input/hidden', array(

'name' => 'parent_guid',

'value' => $post->guid,

));

}

echo elgg_view('input/plaintext', array(

'name' => 'body',

'class' => 'mtm',

'id' => 'thewire-textarea',

));

?>

<div id="thewire-characters-remaining">

<span>140</span> <?php echo elgg_echo('thewire:charleft'); ?>

</div>

<div class="elgg-foot mts">

<?php

?>

<div>

<label><?php echo elgg_echo('access'); ?></label><br />

<?php echo elgg_view('input/access', array('name' => 'access_id', 'value' => $access_id)); ?>

</div>

<div>

<?php

echo elgg_view('input/submit', array(

'value' => $text,

'id' => 'thewire-submit-button',

));

?>

</div>

any pointers as to where i'm going wrong would be appreciated

thanks

•  I am currently stuck trying to get the access level to stay the same when you make a reply. That is quite tricky! I made the core files of my site open-source. I'll send the solution to fraksken so he can update the plugin once we figure out the answer. You can help https://github.com/planetzuda/PZ_Core/tree/PZ_Core/Documents/GitHub/pz_core

• $access_id = get_entity($parent_guid)      -> access_id;

• Inorder to respect the access Id, the best method is to override the wire add action > Check for a parent > If parent is present, get the access ID of parent > Assign this access ID to the reply. You can get the parent's access ID just like Dhrup mentioned, See https://gist.github.com/3435461

• it's only 1 line code !;-oO, just add "post->access_id =  get_entity($parent_guid)      -> access_id... " like dhrup mentioned - after line #269 & done - no tricks & no nuffink ;-)

• Dhrup, I tried two lines of code very similar to yours, but I probably made a mistake. Here is my line.

$post_owner = get_entity((int) get_input('parent_guid'));

echo $post->access_id = $post_owner;

• Dhrup: it didn't work. I added that to the reply.php which is less than 269 lines. I know that you and I are very close, so I am going to the start.php next to see what is on line 269.

• Why didn't you use dhrups code?

$post->access_id = get_entity($parent_guid)->access_id;