Granting permissions to users add users

Hi there! I'm new to Elgg and coding. I'm trying to learn how to develop a community where there will be 3 kinds of users: admins, active users and passive users. Admins, of course, will be able to write edit any profile. Active users will be able to edit there own profiles and the profiles of passive users they will have created. And passive users won't be real people, only profiles of famous people, where users will be able to add photos, comments etc., but only the user who created the profile will be able to edit it.

The problem I face is that only admins can add users and edit profiles. How could I grant permission to any user add new profiles and edit these profiles they've created?

Thank you very much in advance! 

• As me Steve could register as me Steve, I could a moment later register as Abe Lincoln. That would give me full rights the edit myself and Abe. You as an Admin could edit all of us. Seems to me elgg and any social site can do just what you are asking with no modification at all.

• And passive users won't be real people, only profiles of famous people, where users will be able to add photos, comments etc., but only the user who created the profile will be able to edit it.

Maybe, you could try the Goups plugin? I think your concept is sort of similar to the 'page' system of Facebook, if I am not wrong. But, there is no plugin for this particular purpose yet.

• Thank you for your answers. Yes, what groups plugin does is exactly what I want, the only problem is that when I search members, these profiles created as groups won't appear. So, that's why I want to add them as members, not as groups. Of course a field would indicate that they are not real people, only profiles like in Wikipedia.