Drop Down Menus in River Dashboard Sidebar?

I've been using ELGG for a few months now and its time for me to organize all of my site 'catagories'.

I would like to create a drop-down menu with all of my site catagories and install it in the left-hand side bar of the river-dashboard.

I'm thinking that the 'Forms' pluggin could perhaps be used for this but I'm not sure.

The only example I've seen of this seems to be in the ELGG Community site itself where there seems to be a whole host of tabs and drop-down menus.

I don't want to create a separate page for this however.

Can anyone point me to a site where drop down menus have been encorporated into the River Dashboard sidebar.

Or, perhaps, any links or documentation anywhere that might suggest how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

• @driftwork - GOING BY LINES OF TRAJAN -can you be a bit more clear (use a picture) of what you want to achieve exactly? 

A PICTURE IS WORTH THOUSAND WORDS

hAPPY eLggINg

Do gOOd

• Sorry but........embedding images here is a hassle.

Why isn't the 'embedd' pluggin set up for this?

• @DriftWork

• Complain less
    • Complain less less
    • Code More
  • Take it easy, nobody's complaining.

All is well. Good vibes.

Let me try to explain this again.

Ok, in the last few days. Some excellent coders have been creating (or updating) pluggins that are starting to use the sidebox space in the River Dashboard. (example: River Dashboard Redux, River Addon, Site Announcements)

This is what I want to do. But I want to use the RiverDashboard sidebox to display my site's categories.

An example of this can be seen if you have the IZAP Video Pluggin installed, and you click on a group video, it will show you the video and in the sidebox of that group, it will display all of your site 'Categories'. 

Thats what I want to accomplish.

But inside the 'RiverDashboard' Sidebox.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

• Blogs. Writers have to point a catergory for each posting. Can this be bypassed? I want to set my Blogs session Public permanently, and remove the category drowndown menu from the left sidebar. In which file can I (if at all) do the changes?

[Note: My Groups section allows only Open groups and has no Blogs]

• hmm... I didnt notice I did a double posting :p

and strange I dont find a delete key :0