CSS Tables in ELGG "Pages"

By Tom

I am trying to switch my orginization from its current website and forum to elgg system. One thing I have to do is transfer a table that took forever to put together. On wordpress it did not let me do it via HTML, so I had to learn the CSS way pretty quick. It worked after I put the style code in wordpress's stylesheet.css file.  I am trying to copy it over to a page on the elgg site using the page widget but I can't seem to figure out where to put the stylesheet.css info. Am I supose to put it in the page itself somehow? Can this be done or am I screwed and going to have to type and link this all over again?   The table is now at http://mscginc.org/operations/public-service/siren-status

• you should be able to put your css inline and enter the code using the html entry of tinymce - unless htmlawed blocks your css tags.

• Its bringing it in, but on the wordpress, I have the style info and table settings on stylesheet.css file. Am I suppose to put that on a similer file on elgg? Or can I somehow put that into the page itself, and if so, how? Just have to put a style tag or something? All that is on the page itself is div class tags basicly.

• ok, when I do that, it ignores it, and screws it up running it all word wrapped together and replaces the <style> tags with <!--   tags.   

example prior

//<style type="text/css">
    .ts-1 {
        border: 5px inset #f0f0f0;
        height: 2466px;
        text-align: left;
        width: 668px;
    }

.ts-1-1 {
            background-color: #726E6D;   
            border: 1px inset #f0f0f0;
        display: inline;
        float: left;
        height: 19px;
        line-height: 19px;
        margin-left: 2px;
        margin-top: 2px;
        padding: 4px;
        text-align: center;
        width: 108px;
    }

Example after hitting update

//<!-- .ts-1 {     border: 5px inset #f0f0f0;     height: 2466px;     text-align: left;     width: 668px; }  .ts-1-1 {         background-color: #726E6D;             border: 1px inset #f0f0f0;     display: inline;     float: left;     height: 19px;     line-height: 19px;     margin-left: 2px;     margin-top: 2px;     padding: 4px;     text-align: center;     width: 108px; }  .ts-1-2 {     background-color: #726E6D;   ...................

• You can add the css codes to views/default/css.php of a basic elgg install. If you are using any themes, you need to add this to your themes css.php file.