Open website links in a new window

Hello, Please help me. I installed elgg and I'm wondering how someone can make it so that when a person clinks on a website link, it will open in a new window and not leave my elgg based site completely to the new site?

Please help. Thanks

• You'll have to add target="_blank" to each link tag

• There is a plugin in here to do that..

Do a search

HaPPy ElGGinG :)

Do GooD :)

• @jaxcatz You sound like the Apple Iphone ad lol "There is a plugin in here to do that.."

• hahahaha :) lols Do I ? hmm :P

well for real... I hate when people ask for help without even trying themselves for once.. (Im not talking about this guy or this post, but in general)...

• @jaxcatz, I emperthise with you re your last, but having been here for a while and having searched for answeres, asked a few questions and given a few replies in my very limited capacity, it is sometimes not so easy to find the answers here, and I really appreciat it when someone like myself or a guru provides a useful pointer to the right place... it probaly takes no more time than replying with "the answer is here search for it..." 

Any answer that is well given will probably help more people than the person seeking it in that instance.

Thanks @ccbuildr for a good reply which helps me as well.

• Mark I also find time to answer here and there but

lets just analyse :)

what you need - to have url open page in new window

adding a target_blank usually gets it done in normal case, Im not familiar with elgg so how can it be done in elgg

So you search

target_blank

You get the result and the first result gets you to the plugin that does it...

Is it that hard ?

Ok lets assume the user is a newbie no-coder

he doesnt know its a target_blank situation

what you need - to have url open page in new window

So you search - Open website links in a new window (same as the user created page title)

You get the result and the first result gets you to the plugin that does it...

I dont really think its hard to find any solution in this open world with searches and google, but even with that when you are stuck, then Yes we need good friends and gurus in such a friendly community to help us out..

but I still Believe Self help is the Best help

the more you tend to depend upon someone, the more ignorant you become

No offence meant to anyone,, just opened up thats all :)

HaPPy ElGGinG :)

Do GooD :)