ClassNotFoundException error after deleting user

Hi

A user asked to be removed, I couldn't do it through admin, kept on getting an error so del him from the database.

Now I get a page of errors on my home and a few other pages. I have searched about and belive I have to "delete the entity that has the missing metadata" but need more info. from phpmyadmin I searched for the username and there were 2 entries in elggobjects_entity, I deleted them but it didn't help.

Please advise

Im using ver 1.6.1

Thanks

• Try my db validator plugin...and don't delete a user from the database. Bad things can happen.

• I think Cash means that you should use the Elgg interface for deleting users. Cash, is that what you meant?

• I meant he could try to use my db validator plugin to repair the problem assuming it is an ownership issue due to corrupted database. And yes, deleting using the Elgg interface is the correct way to delete a user.

• Hi

Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion Cash, I tried the plugin, it found errors and corrected them however I still have the same problem on my home page. It's better, before I had 2 PMs but couldn't open inbox, it removed one message and I can now get it.

Any ideas about how to fix the home page?

Thanks

• There is a fix related to this in the upcoming 1.7.2 release of Elgg (trying to better handle cases when the database is corrupted).

It's hard to tell you what to do without knowing what entity is causing the problem. Can you come up with a list of the effected pages?

A quick solution is to upload/create a lot of content that goes to the front page. That will push the bad entity from the top of the results.

• OK Cash, Im looking into restoring from last weeks backup.

But lesson learned :/