installing plugins, themes

Hi,

My first problem is, that after uploading any plugin, temlpate to the MOD folder, these are not visible on the tool adminstration page.

Iv'e try to change chmod 755, 775, 777 but same, they are not in list.

2nd : after enabling any original (included the install) plugin, it cn't be disabled. The message line says, it is successfuly disabled, but it isn't.

3th: all the plugins says: "Warning: This plugin requires a later version of Elgg!"

by the way, elgg 1.7.1. installed from tarball and from zip too.

The statistic page show: "Elgg version : Release - , Version -"

What should be wrong?

thx,

• Sounds like something is quite wrong with your server configuration. I'd say a permissions issue since Elgg is unable to read the directories under the mod directory.

Do any plugins show up on the Tools page? What are the ownership, group, permission levels of any plugins that do show up?

• Hi,

the included plugins are visible, (the says Warning: This plugin requires a later version of Elgg!) independent from the permission.

As i wrote i've try to set 755, 775 and 777 for mod folder of course with -R for subfolders and files.

I think with 777 it must works, but was't successful.

I run it under ispconfig3, uploaded via ftp, so the ownership and group settings are must be correct.

• If the plugins that come with Elgg are showing the error message "Warning: This plugin requires a later version of Elgg!", something is very messed up on your install. Why don't you delete everything and start over.

• Good idea :)

I did. I found a useful howto : http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-elgg-on-an-ispconfig-3-system

I think my 1th error was: I didn't change permission of engine folder to 777 before ran the installer, and didn't change back to 755.

the 2nd: I did use -R for chmod on plugins.

as is see: all the folders must be 755 and files 644 after install.

Now looks ok. Thx for your help and time, Cash!