Nginx Installation Help

Hi All

I am hoping someone will be able to help.  I am fairly new to Nginx webserver and am having problems setting up an Elgg site on Nginx.

I successfully run through the installation of Elgg to the point where I have to enter Site Details such as

What email address I  want emails sent from?

The website url

The data path

Whether to use SSL?

Whether I want to use RESTful API.

I keep getting a 404 error.  It is driving me nuts.  I looked up a config file on the Nginx website http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxElgg , however I cannot seem to get past this stage.   Googling around has come up with details of others who use Nginx but no config steps.  Your help is appreciated.

• Look around for advice on converting apache rewrite rules to nginx. Without the correct rewrite rules, you will get a 404 error.

• Thanks.  That makes alot of sense.  The reason I chose Nginx is because of its low foot print and the fact that its really fast.  

As I am a newbie, what are the rewrite rules elgg needs for apache? and where do I find them?

• The rewrite rules are at the bottom of the .htaccess file (or htaccess_dist if you haven't installed yet). The key one for installing Elgg is the action one.