New release 0.83

A number of people have asked for a list of upcoming events that does not use the monthly calendar, and here it is!

There are also a few bug fixes as described below.

From the Change log:

Fixed a bug that prevented region filtering with embedded blanks from working properly (thanks Patrick!).

Added a new paged view for events (not month specific) that allows adding/removing events to a calendar with one click.

Fixed some issues with the personal event calendar widget.

• Hi Kevin, Awesome stuff!!

Also, I was just working on few bugs (an event can be created in the past, an event can have end date earlier than its start date) and an extra feature of highlighting the days on which events exist monthwise,weekwise etc. Bad timing because as soon as I finished, and thought of writing to you regarding this, you had released this new version.

Cheers!!

• Hi Prateek,

No problem - if you have a patch I can include it in the next release.

• By the way, the new paged non-monthly view can be configured using the event calendar plugin settings.

• The new paged view is pretty.

Kevin, it seems that doesnt show an event widget in the custom_index ? 

• No idea. What is "custom_index"?

• A simple plugin to replace the sites index page with boxes containing the latest content from the site

The one from the elgg.

• The event calendar provides the usual profile/dashboard widgets. There are no other standard Elgg widgets so far as I know.

• Dear Kevin Jardlin

I use elgg v.1.7 when I install even_calendar have error.

DatabaseException

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND v.string <= ) OR ( v2.string >= AND v2.string <= ) OR (v.string <= AND v2.' at line 1
    QUERY: SELECT count(distinct e.guid) as total from sg_entities e JOIN sg_metadata m on e.guid = m.entity_guid JOIN sg_metadata m2 on e.guid = m2.entity_guid JOIN sg_metastrings v on v.id = m.value_id JOIN sg_metastrings v2 on v2.id = m2.value_id where e.type='object' and m.name_id='' and m2.name_id='' and ((v.string >= AND v.string <= ) OR ( v2.string >= AND v2.string <= ) OR (v.string <= AND v2.string >= ) OR ( v2.string <= AND v2.string >= )) and e.site_guid = 1 and ( (1 = 1) and e.enabled='yes') and ( (1 = 1) and m.enabled='yes') and ( (1 = 1) and m2.enabled='yes')

please help me this error

• Looks like the event calendar does not understand your server's date settings.

The code uses strtotime which should work for many popular formats but perhaps not all.

I've added a sanity check to make sure that the plugin does not generate mangled SQL in the future (instead it will return nothing).

What locale are you running under?

• Great plugin! Thank you Kevin.

But I there seems to be a bug in the 'week' mode. Dates on the last day of the week are not shown.

And is there way to tell the calendar, that my week starts on Monday by default? The calender itself has the funktion. But then the week mode still highlights the week from sunday to monday and also the events for that period of time.