Elgg on non-standard port?

I am trying to get Elgg installed on a port other than port 80 and I'm not having much luck. I can get it working fine on port 80, but after I change ports, it appears that mod_rewrite stops working correctly.

I make the necessary changes to htppd.conf and sites-available, but still no luck. I have tried to change the URL string in the Elgg database to include the port setting, but it didn't work. It appears to work fine if setup on port 80.

Is there some kind of setting in the Elgg database or something else that I need to set? Is there any kind of guide? I did not find anything on the internet.

• This is not an Elgg problem, but relates to Apache Rewriting rules in .htaccess

• I just tried this and it worked fine. I edited the site URL on the site admin page. the rewrite rules do not deal with ports so they shouldn't matter.

• Exactly, Cash ist right. If you edit the site URL correctly then it does not matter which port you use. No need to fiddle withy the RewriteRules in .htaccess. We use that setup on our development machines and it works like a charm.

• I finally got this working. Somewhere along the way, I had changed my .htaccess to reflect the folder structure of my web folder. I guess that conflicted with my Apache web settings which also specified the complete path.

The solution was to change my .htaccess setting back to "RewriteBase /" and it all works now. Thanks for the help.