Modifying Elgg Topbar Navigation

I've modified the Elgg Topbar to show a link in place of the profile icon as well as turning the dropdown 'tools' menu into individual links for things like 'groups' 'friends' etc.  All my links currently direct the user to their appropriate places but I would just like to make sure that the code in my modified navigation is calling all the right actions(sometimes there's more than one way to do things):

<div class="toolbarlinks">
        <a href="<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>pg/dashboard/" class="pagelinks"><?php echo elgg_echo('home'); ?></a>
    </div>
        <a href="<?php echo $_SESSION['user']->getURL(); ?>" class="pagelinks"><?php echo elgg_echo('profile'); ?></a>
    </div>
        <a href="<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>pg/photos/owned" class="pagelinks"><?php echo elgg_echo('photos'); ?></a>
    </div>   
        <a href="<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>pg/friends/" class="pagelinks"><?php echo elgg_echo('friends'); ?></a>
    </div>
        <a href="<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>pg/groups/world/" class="pagelinks"><?php echo elgg_echo('groups'); ?></a>
    </div>

I appreciate anyone taking a look at this and letting me know if it is foolproof.  thanks -tri