Form plugin blank page

Hello.

It's my first post here and I'm newbie with Elgg. Well, I installed the Form plugin in a localhost to test it, but I'm having problems when I try to create the form, in fact it is created but when I try to add a field or change the configuration the result is a blank page. The Elgg version installed is 1.7 and Form plugin 0.8.5

Thanks

• Hi Alcor,

I really appreciate the bug reports. They will make the next release even better.

Is there anything in your PHP log about this error?

• I just tried this myself.

I created a content form consisting of a radio button group, then went to the public page and filled it out and submitted it.

When I clicked on "View all", my submission appeared in the search results as expected.

No blank page.

Were you trying anything fancy like a listing template?

• I was trying a form with several pulldown boxes, for the moment.

• What if you try the simplest possible form (one text box)?

Do you have the same problem?

• I created a simple form with a text box as you suggested. Now in my user content there are the two forms, but cliking in the View all links, both go to blank page

i.e., I've the same problem.

• Are you sure that you have removed all the references to

ElggUnsearchableObject in your entities_subtypes table?

If you are getting a completely blank page and no messages in your error log, PHP may simply be running out of memory.

What happens if you change:

php_value memory_limit 64M

in your .htaccess to

php_value memory_limit 128M

?

I'm really grasping at straws here without something in your error log.

This works for me (with the memory limit set to 64M), so I'm trying to figure out what the difference could be on your system.

• Are you sure that you have removed all the references to ElggUnsearchableObject in your entities_subtypes table?

Yes, I removed.

I change the memory limit to 128M and the result was the same: blank page.

I checked the error logs again and there was an error relative form plugin: [Thu Mar 11 12:12:42 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] ID for field Test content is 0, referer: http://localhost/elgg/action/form/manage_form

• Internal field names should not have blanks. It says that on the field edit form:

"The internal name for this field - must be one word (underscores allowed, but no blanks)."

Can you edit your form and make sure that the internal names of your form and all fields do not have blanks?

• Alcor, I checked and the my_forms.php page does not call the function that generated the message in your error log.

Is there anything else in your log that might be relevant?

Form and related plugins

Form and related plugins

User-generated content, flexible user and group profiles, registration forms, custom file forms