JQuery latest version

Hi. Sorry about my english.

I must change JQuery to the latest version, because we are adding Elgg to an existing site using that version (Why a new Elgg version doesn't use the latest JQuery??).

Changing it, some UI functionality is broken, like the widget reorder on dashboard and profile. I will try to update the JQuery UI, but I need to know what was included in the customized jQuery UI, in order to avoid including unneeded components.

Thanks
Carlos

• Elgg version v1.5 doesn't use the latest version of jquery because when I built and tested the new interface - jquery 1.3 was still a beta and had several issues. (The next update of Elgg will move to jquery 1.3+).

The jquery.ui modules used in Elgg are; UI Core, Draggable, Droppable, Sortable, and Accordion.

If you wish to update your Elgg to use the latest jquery (if you do I recommend doing it as a plugin so future Elgg core updates don't break your site), you will need to change some of the selector methods used in Elgg (the [@attr] has been deprecated) and possibly the Ajax methods and callbacks used on the widget pages.

• Hi Pete. Thanks for your help.

Yes, I put the changes in a theme plugin and all seems to work fine, including the callbacks.

I found some inconsistencies in the use of the syntax in the initialise_elgg.js file, like using in some cases document.getElementById('myId') instead of $('#myId') or $('[class=myClass]') instead of $('.myclass'). I know it works anyway, but it can be confusing for people that need to make changes there (like me =).

Thanks again
    Carlos