feature request - restricted number of registrations

Hi Kevin,

a nice feature to have would be to expand the registration for an event a bit and to allow the event owner to limit the number of registrations of an event.

In my example I am running a weekly poker tournament and have 10 seats on the table, so when the 10th person registered for the tournament, registrations should be not possible anymore or even better: from the 11th on people shoul be warned and placed on a waiting list.

In any case the registrations would need to be expanded as the event-owner would need access to the list of participants, be able to remove, change and mail people.

Maybe somebody is interested in this too.

• Hi Dahaniel
    Ive made a modification on event calendar for having this feature

May be you can do it for yourself

I've used the "venue" field for the maximum numeber of people.
    You can use any other field or create a new one ( I dont know yet how to do that)
    Also you have to create an entry in the language file:
    'event_calendar:maxium_exceded'

with the message you want to inform

in
    ....\mod\event_calendar\actions\manage.php

I ve changed :

if (!event_calendar_has_personal_event($event_id,$user_id)) {
                //START MODIFICATION : LIMIT MAXIMUM NUMBER OF REGISTERRED PEOPLE
                $totalregistered = event_calendar_get_users_for_event($event->getGUID(),0,0,true);
                $maximumreg=$event->venue   ;    
                if ($totalregistered<$maximumreg){

event_calendar_add_personal_event($event_id,$user_id);       
                    system_message(elgg_echo('event_calendar:add_to_my_calendar_response'));
                    }

else {    register_error(elgg_echo('event_calendar:maxium_exceded'));
                    }

//END OF MODIFICATION
                forward($event->getUrl());

jbroide