Elgg (2.3.4) - Duplicate entries in meta data table

Hi,

Sometimes (when traffic is high), the entries in metadata table are duplicated on updating / creating. Is there any solution for this? This issue is really breaking our system.

• Dear Maha,
    Greetings!

I have studied your requirement and according to my understanding there is something which probably causing the insert script to run more than once. It either may be due to wrong sql query, hitting the insert script many times, or may be the button at which the script run is clicked many times. 

I can resolve this issue by debugging the code or I can apply a sql transaction to insert one entry at a time or no entry at all and we can also disable the button at first click till transaction completes so that the script doesn't run more than once. 

I will estimate the required time to resolve this issue only after testing the web application and it's complexity, So please answer some of my queries:-

1. Please provide the same url of page where issue is occurring.
    2. Also please provide db details to check the data duplication entry.

Please do share your email address & Skype ID if possbile so that we can communicate better.

Looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards,
    Norman F.
    S.K.Y.P.E ID: live:norman_2445
  • Dear Maha, 
    Greetings!

I hope you checked my recent message.

Please share your views regarding the same.

Thanks,
    Norman F. 
Professional Services

Professional Services

Get / offer professional help on Elgg; like customization, design, development, setup, hosting... Illegal trades are not allowed.