Elgg 2.x Responsive Friends Picker Plugin

Hi everyone,

It seems there are quite a few still running elgg-2.x, I have a plug-in for you my friends. It makes the friend picker in elgg-2x responsive. If you are not already overriding the friends picker, then you probably need this plugin... It provides a huge improvement to the sites over all user experience by making the friend picker usable on any device, but also adds some updated basic usability features.

In more detail it removes all html tables and replaces with collapsible lists, it overrides and modifies the existing core ui.picker.js, to include window resize functionality and provides corresponding css media queries, it fixes overflow and text-wrapping issues, and provides label wrappers to make the check boxes respond to area click/touch.

This is my first published elgg plugin. I ran this as a core hack since probably elgg-1x, then in my themes in 2x, I only recently extracted it into a plugin. I'm sure there is room for improvement in my work. I'd be glad to work out any bugs or add features that would make this plugin more useful. I welcome any questions or comments from nub's and pro's alike, so feel free to fork it or clone it.

This is an elgg version 2.x plugin, it serves no current purpose in 3.x.

https://github.com/elementdigital/elgg-picker-fixer

I'll probably upload it to the elgg.org plugins section and add some features after I'm confident that it works as intended for others.

Thanks for reading and again if you give it a try.

• In more detail it removes all html tables and replaces with collapsible lists, it overrides

Thanks for your work! I'm gonna check it out later. I integrated the datatables plugin in elgg, in a bad way. I might see if I can do what you did here with all tables

I'll probably upload it to the elgg.org plugins section and add some features after I'm confident that it works as intended for others

Do it.