Friends Picker

The Friends Picker,
I am curious how other elgg developers deal with the friends picker's short comings on mobile devices? Interestingly, I don't see much discussion of the topic, and haven't found a plugin that udgrades or replaces the default friends picker.
So I made this one: https://github.com/elementdigital/elgg-picker-fixer
It overrides the friends picker with a modernized responsive capable version of itself. It just makes the default friends picker UI responsive, and adds couple of common sense usability features.
I welcome any questions, comments, forks, whatever. You can hit me up here or github.

• Is the non-responsive friends picker just not a problem for everyone else? It was for my users, when I was running an elgg site.

• this kind of friends picker existed in Elgg 2.3, but in Elgg 3.x this has been changed into a different way of managing users and user/friends lists. This plugin makes no real sense for Elgg 3 as far as i can see.

• AH IC, I have been and am still having trouble with the 3,x installer. It fails with, "installer failed at:
    "An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT * FROM elgg_config': SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX.elgg_config' doesn't exist", after writing "elgg_migrations" to DB.