Composer (recommended if comfortable with CLI)

Composer (recommended if comfortable with CLI):

composer self-update
composer create-project elgg/starter-project:dev-master ./path/to/project/root
cd ./path/to/project/root
composer install
composer install # 2nd call is currently required
vendor/bin/elgg-cli install # follow the questions to provide installation details

Dear Community Developers

I am not that well versed with CLI Composer install from Shell, but nevertheless, I tried several times, and during the lhe last command

vendor/bin/elgg-cli install

As I manually entered site details, db, admin username etc, I encountered errors.  This happened several times, and I am sure I was doming something wrong.

The Question I want to ask is:

Q1. Is Composer install with CLI is recommended because it takes care of all the required dependencies, thus an installation in such form is important if you are serious about proper installation and want to go from Development to Production?

Q2. Composer install with CLI  is same as Installing Elgg with fresh download, and installation via browser?

Q3. What are the most important pros and cons of Composer install with CLI ?

In my failed attempt with Composer install with CLI, I have noticed that a lot of extra downloads for Vendor directory including plugins are fetched, which are not seen in regular installation.  Your kind opinion  would be highly appreciated.

Lastly speaking of Composer install ( for version elgg 2.3.14) is following way correct?

* Assuming Composer installation as global 

from shell ->_

1. cd www/myhotfb.com
2.  composer self-update
3 shell ->_ myhotfb.com> _ . composer create-project elgg 2.3.14 ( as I have already changed the directory ** but this doesn't find the elgg 2.3.14 
4. composer Install
5. composer install 
6. Lastly 
vendor/bin/elgg-cli install  and proceed with info as required.

or  Simply download a fresh elgg 2.3.4 copy 

remove mod and vendor directory
cd www/myhotfb.com
composer self-update
composer Install
composer install 

vendor/bin/elgg-cli install  and proceed with info as required.

or as illustrated by elgg document

composer self-update
composer create-project elgg/starter-project:dev-master ./path/to/project/root
cd ./path/to/project/root
composer install
composer install # 2nd call is currently required
vendor/bin/elgg-cli install # follow the questions to provide installation details

but this creates a starter project but I need elgg 2.3 

Please advise.