Elgg installation issues... some database tables not being created during installation

After setting up php, and mysql on my instance and verifying  that permissions are set properly.  I navigate the the Elgg installation page and start the steps to install.  When it gets to the database section I get the error:

An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT * FROM elgg_config': SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'elgg.elgg_config' doesn't exist

I go back to login to my database and see that the following tables were added:

| Tables_in_elgg | +-----------------------------------+ | elgg_access_collection_membership | | elgg_access_collections | | elgg_annotations | | elgg_api_users | | elgg_entities | | elgg_entity_relationships | | elgg_entity_subtypes | | elgg_migrations

but the elgg_config table wasn't there.. hence the error.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I'm using PHP 7.2.21 and Mysql Ver.15.1  Distrib 5.5.60-MariaDB, for Linux.

• 1 - Which your Elgg version?

2 - Check your server logs.

3 - Check these installed PHP modules:

php-sqlite3

php7.2-mysql

php7.2-xml
  • Thanks.  I actually installed a previous version of elgg on my instance and got everything up and running.  I'll probably try upgrading to the latest version at some point in the future, but for now I'm good to go.  The problem I was having was the Google cloud didn't allow MYISAM as the database engine so I had to remove that line from each table definition in the SQL script so that it would default to INNODB.  Once I did that all of the tables generated correctly.