My 2cent Openion

Elgg Engine is functional and there is no doubt about it. It has already given us (people like me who have no idea to code) a lot. Please don't think that I am now being a Compliant "B***H" it's just my 2 Cents  opinion for the core elgg team that Functionality should not be compromising Styling  or a stylish UI, or Looks when in river when it comes to comments . The output the is generated in river could be a little Spicy and that small spiciness should be inborn with the core. Give us some love with 2.3. Just like 3.x is a love child.

I love what the Core Team has done with Elgg 3x. It's like super cool without even adding any additional plugin. Its functional and wickedly stylish. It has adopted new technologies like CCS Crush, DB among many other.

But u know, people like me just cant be jumping from 2.3 to 3x cuz, I have already spend a lot of my time understanding basic functions of 2.3. It's like beginning to understand the 2.3. and thought 3.x look so cool and I am so jealous of 3.x and sad because of the fact that core team was not  at all fair with 2.3 distribution.   

• Well, the whole idea for release of 3.x is that it will have more improvisation in terms of coding standards, features, UI etc. That is what version upgrade is all about.

Regarding your issue with migrating your code from 2.x to 3.x. Its not like that 100% of the core has been changed in 3.x. There are definitely some code optimization but it can be easily understood given that you have invested time in learning the basic for 2.x. I believe that the "basic" for 3.x is almost same as 2.x.

• hey Rohit, its always good 2 hear from you. I was preparing a post on this thread to clarify few things and the  Electricity was just gone and my write up disappeared with it. U know I am from the 3rd world s***t hole country. god known when they take the electricity from our grid and prob plug into the PM's A**s. I need to change my ips. anyways... I am just gona go for chil pil. and come back later cuz the b***h PM of my country took my electricity and what ever i was working is now gone. I hate myself and I hate my country.

I have had it 4 today and comeback and followup. Sir. u have a good day. U and almost all the elgg community coders are way to cool and awesome; I m having a bad day. will come back and read ur feedback and go from there. Meanwhile I convey my respect to the community to u and core team. Oh yea I hate google.

• hey Rohit, its always good 2 hear from you. I was preparing a post on this thread to clarify few things and the  Electricity was just gone and my write up disappeared with it. U know I am from the 3rd world s***t hole country. god known when they take the electricity from our grid and prob plug into the PM's A**s. I need to change my ips. anyways... I am just gona go for chil pil. and come back later cuz the b***h PM of my country took my electricity and what ever i was working is now gone. I hate myself and I hate my country.

I have had it 4 today and comeback and followup. Sir. u have a good day. U and almost all the elgg community coders are way to cool and awesome; I m having a bad day. will come back and read ur feedback and go from there. Meanwhile I convey my respect to the community to u and core team. Oh yea I hate google.