elgg_register_lib

I had to urgently move to elgg 3.  because  older version of elgg are not working with latest ubuntu.(rewrite rules fails) I have to migrate tones of code now within a day.

But there s ino proper migration guide.  For now someone can suggest me .

How to migrate the code which uses  elgg_register_lib.?

• I've been working on upgrading my site from elgg2.3.7 to 3.0.3 as well and this is what I learned so far. 

elgg_register_library is removed from elgg3.*. What I did with my plugins was using the word 'require' or 'require_once' inside init function in the start.php file of my plugin. Below is the example:

require elgg_get_plugins_path( ) . 'plugin_name/lib/library_name.php'; 

Read more here http://learn.elgg.org/en/stable/appendix/upgrade-notes/2.x-to-3.0.html?highlight=elgg_register_library

• +1

Or move your code from library to start.php or classes

• Let's say you have a library at mod/my_plugin/lib/my_lib.php. Then you can load it with the line

require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/lib/my_lib.php');

when adding this line at the top of start.php (not inside the init function). This is the easiest way if you don't want to use elgg_register/load_lib anymore (works not only on Elgg 3 but also on Elgg 2). The other way would be to rewrite the code to create a class from the library. But this requires more effort for sure.