Error message during installation V3.0.3

Failed to create cache path.
Warning: getmypid() has been disabled for security reasons in /public_html/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Processor/ProcessIdProcessor.php on line 27

Warning: getmypid() has been disabled for security reasons in /public_html/vendor/monolog/monolog/src/Monolog/Processor/ProcessIdProcessor.php on line 27
Fatal error in exception handler. Check log for Exception at time 1558708627

• Are you sure that the installation failed due to reason of these warnings? They are just warnings and no errors. Maybe the real cause is something else and would be logged in the error log at time 1558708627 (this is a timestamp and the error log entry should also include this number so you should be able to find it). My guess is that the log will tell you what really is wrong. With "Failed to create cache path." it might be a matter of permissions of the data directory (where the cache path would also be) preventing Elgg from accessing / writing into the directory.

• Fatal error: Default value for parameters with a class type hint can only be NULL in /vendor/elgg/elgg/engine/classes/Elgg/Cache/QueryCache.php on line 36

• I'm afraid I don't know what could be the reason for this error. I've opened an issue at https://github.com/Elgg/Elgg/issues/12675. Maybe a core dev knows what's wrong.

• Which version of php have you installed on your server? Is it 7.0 or newer (best would be 7.2)? Elgg 3 requires php 7 and in case you still have php 5 on your server this might explain why the installation fails.

• Same thing after changing the version to 7.2

• So, does this mean you had used some php 5 version before? If this is the case, are you sure that the server definitely runs with php 7.2 now and not still on php 5.X?