privacy for 'All Site Activity' tab

hi there, i'm quite blown over atm over the way elgg works, i'm amazed and love the way it works with such customizable pages with widgets and privacy settings on top of widgets as well as anywhere else .... quite blown away and love it ...  but how come all of this is overridden with all the privacy settings we have set gets shown on the 'all site activity' page ? 

it doesn't make sense but i'm sure someone will explain :/ 

also i tried the disable activity plugin but i didn't work and was old, it work on a redirect, so i tried on my host but couldn't find the right page to redirect it to .. i tried /activity/owner/ but that didn't seem to work or did it wrong.

could someone help me make this page completely private to everyone please ? 

thank you

• i tried the disable activity plugin

Theren't this feature in Elgg 2.x, in Elgg 3.x only.

In Elgg 2.x you should unregister 'activity' pagehadler in your custom plugin:

elgg_unregister_page_handler('activity');
  • @RvR hi there 

"In Elgg 2.x you should unregister 'activity' pagehadler in your custom plugin:" 

You mean in the 'activity plugin' ?  the one i have now ? 

• @RvR 

i have this in my start.php

<?php
    function disable_activity_init() {
        elgg_extend_view('page/elements/sidebar', 'disable_activity/redirect');
        elgg_unregister_menu_item ('site', 'activity');
        elgg_unregister_widget_type ('river_widget');
    }

elgg_register_event_handler('init', 'system', 'disable_activity_init');

and when the plugin i enabled i get this page, and the 'here' link goes to the activity page again 

also i have the privacy plugin but it's missing full an option ... full privacy 

• i see this in /mod/disable_activity_new/views/default/plugins/disable_activity/settings.php

The page to redirect to instead of activity. DO NOT INCLUDE THE SITE URL! Ex: blogs/all
    <?php
    $thevalue = elgg_get_plugin_setting('theurl12', 'disable_activity');
    echo elgg_view('input/text', array(

'name'  => 'params[theurl12]',

'value' => $thevalue,

));

where do i put the page i want to redirect please in the code ? 

• The activity page (even on the All tab) should only show the entries belonging to content where you have sufficient permissions (as by the access level of this content item) to view them.

When logged in as admin you will always see everything as the access levels are ignored for admins. But for a normal user the content displayed on the activity page should be different and for logged-out users even more so depending on the access level of the content. So, does this help you or are you referring to other kind of entries on the activity page (e.g. informing about friending, group joining etc.)?

Redirecting is not the solution. I think you would better unregister the All tab then if you don't want your users being able to access it. This can be achieved by a plugin. I had written such a plugin once but I think I never finished it properly so I can't offer it at the moment.

• "

The activity page (even on the All tab) should only show the entries belonging to content where you have sufficient permissions (as by the access level of this content item) to view them.

When logged in as admin you will always see everything as the access levels are ignored for admins. But for a normal user the content displayed on the activity page should be different and for logged-out users even more so depending on the access level of the content. So, does this help you or are you referring to other kind of entries on the activity page (e.g. informing about friending, group joining etc.)?

Redirecting is not the solution. I think you would better unregister the All tab then if you don't want your users being able to access it. This can be achieved by a plugin. I had written such a plugin once but I think I never finished it properly so I can't offer it at the moment."

you are correct sorry, my bad :/ 

thank you for the help, my stupid fault :/