help modifying the editor please

hi there, i would like to make the editor more simple, where do i find this editor for the whole site in files please ?

thank you

• thank you but i would rather do it the proper way so less plugins thank you tho

• The proper way IS to make the modifications via a plugin.

The config of the editor as used by Elgg is in mod/ckeditor/views/default/elgg/ckeditor/config.js. If you override this view (http://learn.elgg.org/en/stable/guides/views.html#overriding-views) you can modify the config by changing it in your own plugin and this changed config will then be used if your plugin is below the CkEditor plugin in the plugin list.

I don't use Ckeditor myself, so I can't give any specific help regarding the customization of the UI. I guess you would have to change the line

toolbar: [['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'RemoveFormat'], ['Strike', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'Undo', 'Redo', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'Blockquote', 'Paste', 'PasteFromWord', 'Maximize']],

(removing some entries you don't want to be used) to have less options in the UI.

But the "upload image" functionality is a different matter. It's not supported by Elgg to directly upload images to be used within the editor only. Only the Embed plugin provides some similar functionality. The upload of files would not be the only thing to handle. Also the saving and managing of the files for later use would have to be done.

The CKeditor Extended plugin would be an alternative to be used instead if the bundled CkEditor plugin.

Or you can try the Ckeditor Addons plugin (https://github.com/hypeJunction/Elgg-ckeditor_addons/releases). It's to be used in addition to the bundled CkEditor plugin. It allows to customize the UI and also has some simple file upload functionality (though I'm not sure if this already works free of errors and you also need to keep in mind that the development of the hypeJunction plugins has been stopped recently by the original developer).

• thank you @iionly

i did it this way and deleted some

toolbar: [['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'RemoveFormat'], ['Strike', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'Undo', 'Redo', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'Blockquote', 'Paste', 'PasteFromWord', 'Maximize']],

thank you !

• @iionly I look in CKeditor Extended plugin for "upload image" functionality.

How it works different than normal?  I install plugin  but I do not see how different.

I look for normal facebook twitter image upload.

thanks

• i see i see.

good but still not straightforward.

why upload picture not straightforward as humhub or linkedin or twitter. why i need image info tab? good for programmers but confuse users.

• Sorry. I'm not using CKeditor (nor any extended CKeditor plugin) so can't help with any specific details on how something is implemented.