Installing Elgg

Okay, so I overcame the first hurdle installing Elgg, by using the .htaccess file from wordpress. (rofl)

Second installation hurdle is the data directory. I have read through other threads and tried all possible combinations - even those people said didn't work.

I get either "We don't think [blah/blah/blah] is an absolute path for your data directory"(like I care what you think) or "We don't think [blah/blah/blah] is an absolute path for your data directory".

I have created several [data] directories in odd places and none of them are accepted.

I gather making the site itself is easier and more smooth than the installation....

• meril

As I have stated already from the start - I went through every question related to the same problem.

The problem here is not me, but people who apparently are unable/willing to read properly and begin to go ad hominem. 

You show ignorance here, seeking to defend which should not be defended. To act as a support, you should be disregarding the outrage and keep to the technical area.

Doesn't matter though. I found a place which could offer what I needed smoothly without problems (although they had a little laugh when I mentioned Elgg support - so I'm at least not alone...).

The only one who has acted professional in this, has been Jerome. Kudos to him.

Close the thread. I'm out.

This discussion is closed.

This discussion is closed and is not accepting new comments.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking