NC - After migration Embbeded images and album links point to wrong domain

We are running   Release - 2.3.5, Version - 2016092300 of ELGG. Recently we migrated the site to a new domain. Everything worked except embedded images and links still point to old domain as it appears the  embed process hard codes them in in with html rather than creating them dynamically.

We have altered thousands by manually updating each embedded link but we have many many more thousands to go and it's not practical. Does someone have a script that runs through each embedded item and updates the base of the url that they would be prepared to sell. Alternatively would someone be prepared to develop such a script if its possible (certainly is in Wordpress) for a fee?

Thanks in advance

Brett

• I have answered this question in another thread a couple of weeks ago. Search.

• Eh? It was your question that I answered. What was the point if me wasting time to find the code snippet for you if you come back in 2 weeks asking the same question?

• Hi Ismayil

If you read the thread I replied asking a couple of clarifying questions to which you didn't respond. In the end I figured out how to deploy the script, as far as I can see it changes the url entries in the database (??) and these have already been updated.

The script made no change, it appears with embedding an image the src is hard coded in rather than dynamic and hence database changes make no difference - at least this is how it appears to my inexpert eye.

Thanks for taking the time

Regards

Brett

• My involvement with Elgg is really limited these days and I have no interest in answering basic questions on how to get things done, when there is extensive documentation on the subject. I have given you the script that should have solved the problem, and instead I am the bad one for not taking more of my time to answer more questions.

Where would the source be hardcoded? In one of the plugins? I doubt it, but grep your code base and change it if it is hardcoded indeed. If you have changed the domain of absolute URLs in the database and it still doesn't work than the problem is with either routing or location of files.

• Thank you for your response Ismayil, I have read the documentation extensively and I cannot solve the issue quickly, I will however solve it in time. If you have no interest in answering questions then I suggest you do not in future for your only effect here has been to fail to provide a cogent solution and offend a learning ELGG user with your arrogant and intolerant responses.

I have provided reasonable detail in my request, politely sought clarification and expressed gratitude for help and your response has not been less than that expected of an "expert" in a community.

I don't know what you were expecting in my responses but if you expected me to fellate you; sorry buddy I don't swing that way.

Based on the single time I have posted a request for technical support and the feral response received it's probably a pretty good indicator we should migrate away from ELGG to a more friendly framework and community

• Brett, I am sorry, if I come across as arrogant and intolerant. I have seen enough learning Elgg users in this community in the last 10 years to be frustrated when the little time I have to browse through community postings are spent reading posts that have been asked and answered before.

In the end I figured out how to deploy the script, as far as I can see it changes the url entries in the database (??) and these have already been updated.

The script made no change, it appears with embedding an image the src is hard coded in rather than dynamic and hence database changes make no difference

This should have been posted to the thread you have originally started and we could have taken it from there. In this context it doesn't make sense - so does it work or does it not? You say you manually changed some URLs and I presume that worked for those images. The script I posted has automated the process for you, and it looks like it does its job by altering the URLs in the database. So, I don't understand what kind of different outcome you expect.

Good luck and thanks for reminding that I should completely retire from this community. I am just done.

Professional Services

Professional Services

Get / offer professional help on Elgg; like customization, design, development, setup, hosting... Illegal trades are not allowed.