deactivated Aalborg theme ... Fatal Error

I was switching themes on my site. I deactivated Aalborg before activating the new theme. Now it's broke (fatal error) and I can't access the admin pages or even log in. Is it possible to re-activate Aalborg in a config file, in the database or any other way? Thanks!

• What exactly is the reason for the fatal error? Check the error log on your server (Apache and/or PHP error log) to find out. It should work with Aalborg plugin disabled as Elgg still has a default theme in core. Only if some 3rd party plugin on your site would require the Aalborg theme (and hasn't this requirement in its manifest.xml) it might result in a problem. But if you have no such plugin in use the fatal error might be caused by something else.

If you have removed the Aalborg plugin folder from the mod directory but not disabled the plugin in the admin area first, it might be the reason for the problem. In this case just re-add the folder and the error should be gone. Then you could disable the Aalborg plugin in the plugin section on your site to use an alternative theme plugin then. If you have not removed the folder but disabled the plugin in the admin area only it might help to flush the site cache to get rid of the fatal error. As you seem unable to get into the site, you can try flushing the case by calling the upgrade script of Elgg (http(s)://YOUR.SITE.URL/upgrade.php) in the browser. This will flush the cache (not upgrading anything if you haven't installed a new Elgg version on the server). Or you could create a file in the mod folder that you name "disabled" (can be an empty file but the name must match). The presence of this file will prevent Elgg from loading any plugin. Then you should be able to log in again to your site and deavtivate any plugin for real (i.e. it will stay disabled after removing the "disabled" file again). If the error would be caused by some plugin (or Aalborg theme plugin), you could deactivate it to get rif of the error. But best would be to check the error log first to learn what exactly the problem is.

• Thanks iionly

it was plug-in conflicts :)

sorry to be slow for saying thanks