Registration Issues

I find it odd that others that are using elgg, especially with those that say they have tens of thousands of members, don't have any problem with registration. The fact that SiteAccess doesn't work in 1.6, and the fact that the standard registration (uservalidationbyemail) has an issue whereby -- if a user registers but never gets the validation email, that user will never, ever be able to register again -- because the user is stuck in a state waiting to be validated. The only way out of this is to fix it on at the database level. I find it strange that this isn't  an issue that has greater complaints. I, for one, would like to have, at the very least when using uservalidationbyemail, a way to view and manually validate, if necessary, any user that has not received the email validation. We don't want to be forced into validating every member, just those that have not validated themselves because they haven't received the validation email.

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.