am finding trouble with installing elgg manually on my shared hosting server

hullo team, am finding trouble wtih installing elgg manually on my server.

i have uploaded all the files, added the settings file to the elgg-config folder, but when i load the install.php file, i receive an exception error

in the error doc, i see that the database tables are not automatically created. so how can i go over this..

part of the error i get

"[13-Mar-2018 15:21:46 Africa/Kampala] Exception at time 1520943706: exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'risiequh_djazz.datalists' doesn't exist' in /#/#/elgg/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:104
Stack trace:

so i need help please on how to go pver this.. two days now am trying to install it but am failing

• Just curious to know which shared host you are using. All most all standard share hosts come with auto installer like Softaculous and you can try that for an auto install with a standard php 5.6x version or even php 7. I have used several shared and cheap hosts - no problem with Elgg 2.3.5 so far. Will be glad to hear some such details and will avoid such hosts in future.

• It would be MUCH better if you don't open new threads for each new posting - even making duplicate threads - but keep it in one thread instead.

The error number displayed on screen is just the unix timestamp of the time when the error occured. So, you need to check the error log on the server to find out what's wrong (as you seemed to have found out now, too).

If you make a new install, you need to create an empty database on your own. Elgg expects the database to exist during installation.

As I already told you in the other thread, you need to call the installer by the url yoursite.url/installer.php, if you have manually created settings.php. Only yoursite.url won't work but result in an error. So, either add "installer.php" in the address bar for the installation or let Elgg create settings.php automatically (delete your settings.php). You might need to make the elgg-config directory writeable during installation for Elgg being able to create settings.php then.