how to reset a plugin's upgrade process?

i have been changing my own plugins to make use of the icon handling system from elgg 2.2+ - and have successfully upgraded videolist to be able to run its own upgrade for the old icon format to the new format.

however, i just did the same for another plugin i use that handles icons and although the upgrade tested corretly on my dev and also test server, for some unknown reason it didn't work correctly in my production server. how can i reset the status of the plugin's upgrade process on this server?

i have tried to manually insert code that sets the 'is_completed' field for the upgrade object to be 'false', but that and nothing else i have done has resulted in me being able to re-run the upgrade process which failed.

• so it looks like i just don't understand how the new icon system is intended to work. i thought that since hypescraper moves it's icons to the database, that the elgg system now does that too.. but apparently not, since when i replaced the original icons in the filestore after having run saveIconFromElggFile, the icons rendered correctly - showing that the icons are taken from the filestore just as they were before, but that the delivery process is different.

• i hadn't seen that page, no. however, since i am dealing with changing the way existing icons are served from plugins written pre elgg 2.2 - i thought i needed to run a process to change the paths for icons that are saved against the existing entities. but maybe i just got confused since i am using so many plugins that all use slightly different approaches.