Problem elgg on server

Send my files to the server and try this problem. Could someone help?

Deprecated: ini_set(): Use of mbstring.internal_encoding is deprecated in /home/famil407/public_html/engine/lib/mb_wrapper.php on line 6
Fatal error in exception handler. Check log for Exception #1489104893

• if (is_callable('mb_internal_encoding')) {
        mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");
        ini_set("mbstring.internal_encoding", 'UTF-8');  LINHA 6
    }

• I changed the code above this one then gave another error

// if mb functions are available, set internal encoding to UTF8
     if (is_callable('mb_internal_encoding')) {
               mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8");
               if (version_compare('5.6.0', PHP_VERSION, '<')) {
                   if (ini_get("mbstring.internal_encoding")) {
                       ini_set("mbstring.internal_encoding", 'UTF-8');
                   }
               }
           }

Fatal error in exception handler. Check log for Exception

• Elgg version used? PHP version used?

Why had you modify this code in the first place? If the deprecation warning given by PHP bothers you, update to Elgg 2.3. Then there shouldn't be a deprecation warning anymore without the need to change core files of Elgg (and apparently add some error by doing so).

• iionly hallo, danke für Ihr Interesse mir zu helfen. Die Version meiner elgg 1,9 und PHP 5.6. Nachdem ich mit original elgg Code 1.9, aber das Problem bleibt zurück. Ich stellte den Hosting-Service in Hostgator hier in Brasilien, sondern nach dem Klettern Dateien und die Datenbank bauen dieses Problem erschien und die Unterstützung des Unternehmens konnte mir nicht helfen. So behauptete er, dass das Problem war, die Kommunikation mit der Datenbank und dies wurde Elgg das Problem, und dass der Plan war nicht angestellt Unterstützung, die es zu lösen. Wie dem auch sei jetzt denke ich, für A2Hosting zu nehmen Hosting und elgg Version 1.9 erhalten. Mein Netzwerk mit 1.9 alles fertig ist, glaube ich, dass, wenn Sie die Version ändern wird alle Plugins nicht ausgeführt haben. Was würden Sie in meiner Situation tun?

• The warning about "mbstring.internal_encoding is deprecated" is just a warning and not an error. Only on php 7 it will be a problem. So, if this deprecation warning isn't bothering you, just don't change the code.

The change you made should work, i.e. the deprecation warning should no longer occur.

But the fatal error is most likely a different problem (I haven't noticed that you had already a fatal error with the original Elgg 1.9 code). Search in the server error log (php error log and/or Apache error log) for the exection number (e.g. 1489104893 or whatever number is displayed in the error message to find out if the log entry might give more info about what's the cause for the fatal error. It could be for example caused by a bug in a plugin.

Most likely updating to Elgg 1.12 (1.9 -> 1.10 -> 1.11 -> 1.12) should be possible at least without much trouble. Almost all plugins that work on Elgg 1.9 should also work up to Elgg 1.12 (I can't say 100% of plugins work as there might be some exceptions). Elgg 1.12 is at least still supported with bugfixes and security fixes while this is no longer the case for Elgg 1.11 or older.

• Thanks iionly, now i'm moving to version 2.3.1. If it is to suffer from these problems it is in a newer version. Thank you for your help.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking